Thursday, May 28, 2009

Technicolor: Salvation

So one day after rocking out at church, I was hit with a revelation. Becky came up to me and told me that Chloé looked like she could be my child, like she came from my seed. I took this revelation as a compliment since Chloé is pretty much the epitome of adorable. She's a Korean kid so it'd make sense that their might be similarities between her and I, but that is not where the similarities end. She also has a flare for fashion, or at least I've been able to derive that from her pink shoes. Sure, it might be her "mom" who's dressing her, but I'm sure she has plenty of input on the matter since she seems to be quite the diva, just like me.

I've yet to talk to her "parents" about it because I don't know them very well and it'd just be a very creepy conversation. Saying something like "Becky says that Chloé looks she could be my kid" just screams out "I'm going to a be a prime suspect if your kid gets kidnapped" and makes for a terrible first impression. I'm sure they're nice people and they'd probably find some humor in it, but it's just kind of an unnecessary conversation to have, since they probably don't understand that she's my child that's been sent from the future. I mean, it's the only way this all makes sense.

Obviously there's a lot that I'm still figuring out about all of this, so I've written a letter to my wife in the future to get this all squared away.

Dear Wife in the Future,

How are you? I hope you're doing well. I apologize for not knowing your name, or what pet names we go by. It's possible that I haven't met you yet, though it's also possible that I already know you. I can't be sure since our daughter who you sent to the past (or for me, the present), looks EXACTLY like me. I'm not sure how time travel works, since it hasn't been invented yet, and I also have a very poor knowledge of how the Terminator universe works, so excuse me for not knowing how I should react to all of this.

I'm actually not sure if Chloé knows what she's supposed to do either. From my understanding, she should be sent to the past to save me, her father, right? She seems quite pre-occupied with protecting this baby Cole, who she claims is her "brother". I realize she's a very bright kid so I assume that maybe something got messed up during the time travel or that she was supposed to get sent back farther into the past when I was a baby. I'm not sure. I haven't seen an episode of Quantum Leap in ages. Would it have been too much to ask to have sent Chloé to the past with a note taped to her back or something? Also, while I know I've been broke since getting out of college, I think I'd appreciate taking care of my daughter instead of tricking some couple to take care of her, but perhaps she and I are not supposed to interact or be cognizant of each other. I was pretty in the dark about the whole deal until Becky (I don't know if you know Becky, but I play electric guitar for her in the present) told me about the similarities between us. Don't worry, I haven't told Chloé about that. She's obviously on some sort of mission from the future and I don't want to confuse her.

Of course, I'm very very confused about everything that's going on right now. Is she supposed to stop someone else from the future from assassinating me? How many years away is this event? Isn't she a little young for this? Do they still sell Bathing Ape clothes in the future? I always want to yell at the other kids when they play too rough, but I still keep my distance from her. There's too many movies and shows about time travel so I'm not sure what rules I need to adhere to. I'm just going to assume that we're not abiding by Time Cop's rules, or we might be royally screwed.

Also, when you write me back, can you tell me when we start dating? While I have friends who are "happy to be single", I'm quite miserable. Also, please tell me that I finally found a way to get out of Irvine. Thanks.

Love,

Ryan





No comments: